The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Reminder

So, a few weeks ago, I referenced my perfect man personified right? Him and his girlfriend are officially broken up and have been for a while now. Him and I are good friends. Yesterday, I had an extra ticket to a Yankee game, I emailed him and asked him if he wanted to go, as nothing more than a friend gesture. I was very, very nervous. He couldn't go, he had to work late. But, did I want to meet him up for some ice cream after the game? HELL YEAH. Now, I'm not stupid. I didn't have any expectations. I knew better, but a girl can dream, can't she? We met up, we had ice cream, he called me 'sweetie'. Nothing earth-shaking. But I was reminded that there really are guys that aren't just looking to get laid. There are men with good hearts and who will treat women with respect. We spoke a little about his ex, and I was outrageously impressed with how he was handling the situation and how he only had the kindest of things to say about her. These are the things that I like to be reminded of. They give me faith.

The subway ride home, I sat across from this beautiful man. We played that game- where you look at the other person until they look at you and then you look away as quickly as possible. I got off at my stop and he watched me out the window as the train pulled away. From here on out, I'm giving my phone number. I've been regreting not doing that every second since I walked away.

And now, I'm going to lay my head down on my desk and sleep for a year because I'm so damn tired.