The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Heartache 101

The guy that I'm secretly in love with? He called me on Friday night and wanted to know what I was doing. I was going to a housewarming party, and I told him so. He wanted to know if he could come. Sure, I said. He showed up, with 2 friends in tow. And then proceeded to ignore me the entire time! And flirted with other women all night long. The cherry on top- when he was leaving, and I was pissed at him, he thought he could make everything better by putting his arms around me and offering to go home with me. What did I say? Don't ever call me again. Get the fuck out of my face.

Everyone I know, hates this man. He's only good to me when it's just the two of us. People tell me over and over again- He's not good enough for you. How do I make myself believe it?

I'm wearing eyeshadow to work today because I have a lunch date and a dinner date. Please. Please let at least one of them treat me with respect. Please let them understand that I have a big and sensitive heart that can't handle being trampled on anymore. Please let me steel my heart against the jerks and the dogs of the world and finally put my trust in someone who actually deserves it.

Labels: