The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, November 03, 2008

There is a lie that drags us, Beating and pulling into disappointment

This morning on the subway, I tried to remember. The last person who gave me butterflies. And I can't remember. I have no idea who it was. Sure, I was pretty crazy about The DJ, but I remember telling my BFF that he didn't give me butterflies and that I was disappointed about that.

Am I less and less genuinely interested in men because I'm older and know better, or because there's genuinely less interesting men?

It may be a combination of both, but it's also fucking irritating.

B-boy bit the dust. Turns out he wanted ME to do all the chasing. Cue racuous laughter. Dude. I don't chase. AT ALL. Its all right though, because when I lifted up his shirt to admire his beautiful abs, I caught a glimpse of the weirdest looking belly button that I have ever seen and maybe it's better that my interaction with said belly button was minimal. Don't want to be scarred for life, ya know?

The Kid. Well. After 1 date, I can safely say that this is something that will never go anywhere. It may be that his idea of taking me out for a nice dinner was Red Lobster in Times Square. It may be that his table manners left a LITTLE something to be desired. It may be that his hands were the same size as mine and that he weighs significantly less than me. It may be that he's 22 and it shows. Either way- I absolutely cannot see myself having sex with him, much less date him. UGH.

And so, with Mr. 11 firmly planted in Florida and not coming back anytime soon it looks to be a long celibate stretch in front of me. Especially because I'm realizing more and more that I'm less interested in sex for the sake of sex and more interested in the intimacy of having sex with someone that I have an emotional connection to. Cheesy, right? And spectacularly unfortunate, since the emotional connections are fewer and far between these days. Talk about a lose-lose situation.

P.S. Go out and vote!!! I've never been so emotionally invested in an election before in my life and I won't tell you WHO I think you should vote for, but instead, just plead with you to exercise your right to vote. Be part of the solution!!!

Today's Title from: What Happens When the Heart Just Stops by The Frames

Labels: ,