The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just de-lovely and delicious

Tomorrow my BFF and I are heading down to Washington D.C. for the weekend (she is participating in a triathlon down there). We are looking for restaurant recommendations, so if you are a resident and would like to chime in (Bad Girl- i'm lookin' at you), I would love some good ideas for dinner and brunch.

So, I am LOATHE to say this, because the last time I waxed poetic about how life seems to be shining its brightest rays on me, it only took a few short weeks for karma to give me a good, solid kick straight to the crotch (January... The DJ.... tears.... many, many tears.....).

But seriously, I can't seem to stop smiling. And its not solely because of the memory that I carry with me constantly of the boy on the treadmill last week that didn't seem to understand the mechanics of stopping the treadmill and went flying off the back end, a dazzling spectacle of windmilling arms and legs, as I stood to the side waiting and watching. Although that memory does bring me great joy.

Its also because I have really, really, really great friends. Old and new (Ms. Solly!!!). Its because I've never felt more secure in my future career (found out today that old job regrets having shat all over me and is creating a new position that they would like me to take). Its that therapy is working and I am making better decisions and berating myself less. Its my incredible shrinking waist. Its that everytime I run, I can go faster and farther. Its that I'm alone and I'm totally and completely fine with it.

Shit. I'm just gonna stop there. Before karma notices and decides I'm too damn happy.

Today's Title from: Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite