The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Should I Give Up or Should I Just Keep Chasing Pavements?

You looked different.  You cut all your hair off. I almost didn't recognize you when you walked in with your sunglasses on and looking so dashing in your suit.

We talked for a long time.  About life.  About us.  Sometimes I put my head on your shoulder just to smell you.  Sometimes I turned my head away from you, so you wouldn't see the tears I couldn't stop.  

You want to date me.  You want to be with me.  You understand if I can't do that. 

You don't have an answer when I tell you that you're still the same person I couldn't be with 6 months ago and that you still can't give me what I want.

I tell you that I want there to be the potential for something real.  You say, "ok".  This doesn't inspire confidence in me for our future.

You leave it in my hands.  You place the ball in my court, telling me to think about things.  You tell me that you don't want to hurt me, and that you don't want me to cry anymore.  

We stand and you put your arms around me.  You kiss lightly along my jaw and down my neck. 

When I bring your lips to my lips, it feels like coming home. 

Labels: