The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shattered windows and the sound of drums

Yesterday was a shitty ass day. One of those days where nothing goes right, ya know?

2 hours at the doctor's office, just to test my coumadin levels (should take 15 min MAX), when I had piles of work waiting for me back at my desk. That I didn't get to, because I had to spend my entire afternoon cleaning up someone's else major fucking mess.

So, the pile on my desk? Went home with me. And having been banned from the gym by my dr, following a minor setback on Sunday involving chest pains, I went directly home after work. And exercised the right to use my weight watchers flex points (which I NEVER use) and ordered myself a hamburger while I finished up my piles of work.

I was starting to feel better about life in general, and opted to continue the process of putting my room back together, since it has been in plastic bags for over a month now (the bed bugs JUST might be gone, praise allah). I turned up the music, and set to it.

Around 10, my phone rang. A restricted number. I HATE restricted numbers. I generally don't answer them (if you can't show me who you are, then you don't get to talk to me). But then I always spend hours agonzing over who it was. Anyway. I didn't answer. I wasn't in the mood to deal with whatever was on the other end of a blocked call.

2 minutes later, my phone rang again. This time- unblocked.

And I couldn't have been more surprised to see that it was....... Oscar.

WTF?

He didn't seem to have a reason for calling. He just wanted to chat and find out how life was. We talked for almost 2 hours. At the end of the call, he asked if he could see me. I agreed to meet in a public place.

Its just so nutty. His timing. I've FINALLY gotten to that place where he doesn't have a hold on me anymore. I could have never heard from him again and been totally fine. I don't think about calling or texting him anymore. Sure, I still have fantasies about running into him, looking absolutely fabulous, but at the end of those fantasies, I don't end up getting back together with him.

Why now? Why contact me at all?

Here's hoping he doesn't get around to making actual plans.

Today's Title from: Viva la Vida by Coldplay

Labels: