The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

The radio’s been playing the same song all day long…

Well, it was a whirlwind of a labor day weekend, where even on the days where I wasn't flying from coast to coast, I still did at least 3-4 hours of traveling. Of course, on one of those days, the traveling was done to and from my brother's house in my dad's Porsche Boxster, with me driving and quite frankly, life doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Everyone oohed and ahhed at my weight loss, which really surprised me, as I feel like I still look like I did 35 pounds ago. And I definitely still feel ridiculously fat.

The wedding was beautiful. The time with my dad was eye-opening and cathartic. I feel like I'm made quantam leaps in the last few months regarding my relationship with my father. And its maybe the best thing that could've happened to me.

Life just seems.... so content. I've noticed that since I've been off birth control, that I am much less emotionally volatile. I cry less. I get anxious less. I feel considerably more in control of my emotions. I never feel like I am just one small step away from a breakdown. Its beautiful. I'm also MUCH hornier, which is not quite so beautiful. Luckily, me and my right hand have developed a beautiful relationship.

Man alive, when did I get so friggin boring? At least I didn't mention my stupid pulmonary embolism once! Or how much it sucked to have an open bar at the wedding with CHAMPAGNE that I couldn't really take advantage of. Progress!

Today's title from: Rising Down by The Roots