The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow

I've started a million blog posts in the last week. But can't ever seem to get a handle on my emotions and loathe to put something down that I know is probably going to change in a matter of hours/minutes/seconds.


A lot has happened.


I went on a business trip to Cincinnati. This was, for the most part, completely unremarkable.


I had an amazing dinner and subsequent pot of tea with 2 friends that I find that I love more and as I learn more about them.


I had a horrible evening with Oscar at a Jets game that only even further steeled my resolve to not get involved with him romantically again, especially when the evening ended with a bitter argument. The entire 4 hour time span that we spent together may go down in my personal history as one of the dumbest things I have ever done.


Most importantly- I ran again. For the first time since I threw my hands up in frustration after an agonizing 20 minutes on the treadmill at our hotel in Baltimore (2 weeks prior to my hospitalization), I stepped on a treadmill. I was nervous and scared. And 2 beautiful miles later, I learned that I can run again. And I don't remember the last time I felt so good. Then I did some elliptical, then I walked to the grocery store. Then, I got home, and I remembered that my medicine makes me unbearably tired and had to lay my exhausted head down.

I'm not going to go into another bitchfest about how much I hate my medicine and the side effects that have started ruling my life, but needless to say, I am counting down the days until I don't have to take it any more.

Today's Title from: The World is Yours by Nas