The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've looked at love from both sides now

Some days, I recognize that Karma is finally paying me back for all the shit that it sends my way.

I had an amazing night last night. I went to a Mets game with Email Boy, a relationship that I don't talk about much on here, mainly because it requires no dissection. Outside of my family, he is the most important man in my life. He brought me flowers while I was in the hospital, and visited me multiple times. He is my constant. One of my best friends. To say that he means the world to me is a minor understatement.

Work kinda kicked my ass today and in the middle of all the trauma, I had to haul my ass down to the courthouse for another battle in the War Against the Landlords. I didn't win, but I didn't necessarily lose. After work, I went and met up with Spatch to have lobsters (she had lobster, I had seared sea scallops and grilled vegetables- cause I don't believe in working that hard for my food) before she leaves for burning man. Dinner was an interesting combination of people, but the food and the company was dynamite.

After briefly stopping to see some friends at a book release party, I headed home. And my subway karma has never been better. The B train pulled into the station RIGHT as I walked down the stairs at Grand Street, and when the B (local train) pulled into 59th st, an A (express) train pulled in across the platform. Living at an express stop is really, really fantastic. And I made it home from the Lower East Side to Harlem in under a half an hour. That is New York City magic right there.

And once I got home, I decided that I should maybe be going to my cousin's wedding in Seattle next weekend. So, I did myself some researching and found a reasonably priced ticket and will officially be in Seattle for Labor Day weekend and will get to spend some time with my dad, who instructed me to get up and walk around the plane once an hour. Isn't he the best? Seriously, why did it take me SO FUCKING LONG to recognize that he loves me?

No news on the Oscar front. We haven't spoken since The Jets Game Debacle and I'm okay with that. Its lovely to finally have my rose-colored glasses off and actually recognize him for the douchebag that he is.

Today's Title from: Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell