The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

When there's something worth running for

I've decided to run a 10K next month. 6.2 miles. In about 5 weeks. This may or may not happen, depending on how the training goes.

I've also decided to run a half-marathon next year. April or Mayish. I need about 4 months to train, and I'd like to lose about 15 more pounds before I start the training. (FYI- when I initially started with my weight loss plan, I wanted to lose about 50 pounds. While 50 pounds will be phenomenal, I'd actually like to lose more. Probably between 60-70 pounds total. It's going to be a very long journey.)

So, today, I ran 4 miles. Maybe the farthest I've ever run in my life. It felt pretty damn good. Especially when I still had enough in me to sprint the last lap. Next week I'm going to have to start running outside though because road running is much, much harder than treadmill running.

And, as long as I'm letting y'all in on my goals- I've also decided that I am going to marry an Irish guy. Interestingly enough- in the last 4 years of my life, the only white guys that I have gotten involved with (as minor as the "involvement" may have been) have all been Irish. All of them have been outrageously funny and have taken my sarcasm and acerbic wit with aplomb. So, if anyone out there knows any irish guys who love strong willed chicks with long blonde hair, a big ass and a fantastic rack- feel free to send them my way (seriously- the ass is out of control. I was talking to a trainer at my gym about some training sessions and he said, "Yeah, I've seen you around, and you've definitely been losing weight, but not in your ass, so that's good!") Make sure to mention that I'm a great cook and have developed some very fine blow job skills.

Labels: