The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

With dice in the front and Brooklyn's in the back

Look at me! Writing in the middle of the week!

So, I've mentioned before that people OFTEN remark on my striking resemblance to Britney Spears. I generally don't hide the fact that I LOATHE this comparison (Sorry Mr. UPS guy- I wouldn't REALLY have punched you in the face). I mean seriously- who wants to be told that they resemble a coke-head who frequently appears in public appearing to have lost the ability to shower? Yes- I'll grant you, she's cleaned up quite a bit recently. However, I still resent any kind of comparison. I just don't like her. Its very similar to my dislike for Mariah Carey. And Celine Dion. And Jennifer Lopez. Okay, I'm done now. Oh wait- and also Jessica Simpson.

Anyhoo. The other day, I was on the subway with my BFF, Karen. We were heading to Brooklyn to explore a new neighborhood (we like to do this and if we didn't have ridiculously low rent, we decided that we would move to BK, cause it's just so NORMAL there). And there, on that subway, Karen committed the unthinkable crime. My-Crazy-Cat-Lady-Life-Partner, who gets me better than anybody else turned to me and said, "Ya know, you really do look a lot like Britney Spears."

She attempted to diminish the heinousness of this crime by telling me that my resemblance is from Britney-The-Good-Years. But alas, my heart was broken. Not to be mended until she let me pick the restaurant for dinner based solely on the fact that they had mahi-mahi. Although the restaurant did turn out to be very good, even if their sauce for the calamari was sinus-clearingly hot. And then the ache subsided even further when we wandered into an Italian restaurant and had some unbelievably delicious panna cotta. And tiramisu. I don't know that a man will ever satisfy me as well as real, heavy, sugary cream does.
So. I'm nearing the 3 month anniversary of My Hospitalization. Can you believe its been 3 months since that lovely ambulance ride complete with oxygen tubes up my nose? Why is 3 months significant? Because my lovelies- the recommended time frame for taking coumadin (REALLY annoying super-power anticoagulant) after a pulmonary embolism is.... 3-6 months!!! Which means- that I am nearing the time when- I will no longer have to take coumadin every day!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! I'll be able to drink endless amounts of alcohol! (okay, not really, cause I tend to throw up pretty easily, so LOTS of alcohol is never a good idea). I'll be able to have SALAD! Oh, kids, its going to be so pretty and bright- my coumadinless world.
My only concern is that, well, they don't have a good solid explanation for WHY I got the blood clots. I'm mean, yes, the birth control pill is certainly a factor. But, its very rare for the birth control pill to be the ONLY factor in a (relatively) healthy, non-smoking female under 35. They've done quite a bit of blood/genetic testing and nothing is taking responsibility for this! UGH. Which means- if they take me off the coumadin, will I clot again? Will it kill me the next time? Just a little something to think about. Feel free to let me know if you have any thoughts on the matter.
Today's Title from: No Sleep Till Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys