The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I got a problem and I don’t know what to do about it

So, D.C. was awesome, if also blisteringly hot. On Saturday morning, I got up much earlier than people should get when on vacation and having spent a large portion of the previous evening in a car, in a horrible thunderstorm, stuck in traffic, and ran down to The Mall and jogged around the monuments before running back to my hotel. All total it was about 4 miles, which is half a mile less than I wanted to go. Argh. I'm blaming it on the heat. I was literally drenched in sweat by the time I was done.

Interestingly enough, I heard from Mr. 11 (the way-too-pretty guy that I ended things with last week). I had expected that he would replace me right quick and that he would probably be the exception and be the guy that did NOT come back. He didn't come right and say that he wanted to see me, but the text message read, "hey sexy. Just wanted to say hi." Hmmm, I wonder what he could have wanted? (that was sarcasm, very, very thick sarcasm)

I had dinner with Email Boy tonight. Just so you can have an idea of JUST how amazing and fun our relationship is, here's the text messages that went back and forth today.

Me: What time do you want to meet tonight?
EB: Whenever you want, sweetie. I'm flexible, it just has to be after 6:30.
Me: Is 8ish too late? (I wanted to hit the gym after therapy and before meeting him)
EB: Yes, that's a wee bit late. Will be starving bro.
Me: Fine! I'll go to the gym on my lunch break! Want to meet at 7?
EB: 7 works. I'm excited. Also, how come you always book the gym on our dinner nites? U should go home and get gussied up for me.
Me: Bro- I go to the gym every day. It doesn't have anything to do with my plans with you. And I don't get gussied up for you because I'm afraid the 'cute' talk may happen again! (one night, when him and I went to a Mets game, he went on and on about how cute I looked. It made me all sorts of uncomfortable)
EB: Haha. Whatever u do, do not put your hair in pig tails again (my FAVORITE way to wear my hair). I may hit on you again.

Then he gave me a lecture about not going to the gym everyday and how my body needs to rest. I'll admit that after the power yoga, the running AND the total body conditioning class yesterday, I could have probably used a little rest. But considering that after dinner, we went and got some cheesecake, I'm pretty damn glad that I got that workout in.

All in all, I'm pretty damn terrified that I'll never fall in love because I'll never find anyone as great as him.

Today's Title from: Because of You by Ne-Yo

Labels: