The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Thru this new frame of mind, A thousand flowers could bloom

Honestly, the last weekend may very well be the most perfect weekend of my life. Not for anything big, but for random little things.

Friday night, I had Shake Shack burgers and saw Burn after Reading (fantastic movie!) with one of my most favorite friends. And after walking out of the movie, I saw that my phone had been assaulted with text messages. One was from another kick-ass friend of mine wanting to go out that night. The rest (4 total) were from Mr. 11. Apparently he felt very strongly about communicating again before he left. It unnerved and flattered me.

I did end up going dancing with my kick-ass friend, Betsy, that was fun for about the first hour, while we mercilessly made fun of the 'dancer' in our group who spent most of the evening showing us her 'skills'. But the meat-packing district always turns into a pumpkin for me after a certain amount of time and I feel desperate to escape the vapidness of the Bridge and Tunnel crowd and the sheer amount of skin on display. Luckily, Betsy is always on the same page as me regarding this matter.

Saturday morning, I got a hair cut and highlights. This is HANDS DOWN one of my most favorite things in the world. I try to keep it interesting, and walked out this time with cool copper lowlights that accent my blue eyes perfectly. Also, my stylist told me that everyone in the salon refers to me as, "The girl who everyone wants her hair." HAHAHAHAHA. Isn't that awesome?

After I left the salon, I went shopping. Shopping has become almost a painful experience for me these days. I am smack in the middle of a horrific fashion crisis and can't EVER find anything that I like that looks good on me. I have doubled my trouble by no longer allowing myself to buy empire waist tops because as a female with large breasts and a tiny waist- I have done this style to death and I feel very strongly about making some dramatic wardrobe changes. And as a result, I never buy anything. And I spend the rest of my life crying when I open my closet because I have nothing to wear. Breaks your heart, doesn't it? I did go home with a beautiful new Tahari sweater that certainly brightens my fashion outlook. And yes, I'm a total label whore.

Saturday night I kept very low key with my BFF. We had our usual date night, then came home and went to bed because I planned to get up early the next morning to go running. An early am emergency phone call (nothing bad for me, just a friend in a crisis) and a desperate need to sleep ruined this plan for me, so instead of running in Central Park, I pounded out 4.5 miles at the gym.

I had to hurry because I had plans. I had plans to go to church in Brooklyn with a new friend that I have a major girl crush on. Church is fun and interesting and I like it. After church, we have the most delicious mac and cheese in maybe all 5 boroughs and never, ever run out of intelligent conversation. She is warm and witty and her laugh makes me laugh. And she tells me that I need to stop being so hard on myself. And I find myself wanting to be less hard on myself- just for her. :)

Today's Title from: Glory Box by Portishead