The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Now I realize that I really didn't know

The text message read, "FYI, I really liked you."

And my heart shatters into a million pieces. Nobody ever says this to me. Especially not 11's. Its these words that I crave more than 'sexy' or 'beautiful'.
______________________________________________________________________

"You look... extra," he said.

"Extra what?"

"Extra hot."

I snorted. "I'm always hot."

"I know. If you weren't already hot, I would have said- you look hot- but since you're already hot, you look... extra."
________________________________________________________________

Its the morning and my alarm is minutes away from going off. He rolls over, wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close. He is pressed into the back of me from neck to toes. I am silent. I don't know what to say. Walking away completely is never easy and he has thrown me for a loop by moving to Florida. Tomorrow. He strokes my hair, and kisses the back of my neck.

"Stop thinking so much," he orders me.

We talk about nothing. Nothing is decided. We don't make plans for me to come visit him in Florida and I don't ask him when he'll be back in New York. He walks me to the train station and kisses me goodbye.

The End.

Today's Title from: Better in Time by Leona Lewis

Labels: