The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, November 10, 2008

One man come in the name of love, one man come and go

Okay, so I'm sorry.  I've been totally MIA lately.  Mostly, because the big stuff that's going on for me right now, are things that I'm not 100% sure I should be writing about. But I'm going to anyway, and I'm sorry if I alienate or offend anyone.

I've been crazy emotional lately.  Crying feels like a regular part of my days now.  No, I'm not sad and depressed.  I'm just emotional about a lot of things, mostly pertaining to Election Day.

I've been crying with happiness.  With relief.  To FINALLY have someone in the White House that I BELIEVE in.  He inspires me.  He makes me want to be a better American.  He makes me want to do anything that I can do to help make this world a better place.  It feels amazing.  I won't go into all the reasons that I was terrified of a different outcome (I'm sure you can guess, I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Sailin'), but I'll NEVER forget, for as long as I live, the moment when Jon Stewart (yes, I was watching the election results on Comedy Central, but my laptop was on CNN) announced that Barack Obama had won and my neighborhood came alive in a way that I had never seen.  I feel so HONORED to have been in Harlem that night.  To have stood in line at the polls and voted along side the residents of this community. Sharing a dream that came true.

I've been crying with sadness and frustration.  The outcome of Proposition 8 in California left me stunned and abhorred.  I'm going to refrain from saying anymore, mostly because just talking about it makes me angry beyond comprehension.  I'll never understand why people fight for discrimination and persecution.  

On another note.  This has the potential to be an absolutely amazing week for me.  Tomorrow, I'm getting an IUD.  I know this will sound weird, but I'm ridiculously excited.  I'm a girl who REALLY doesn't want to get pregnant, and without the added protection of the birth control pill for the last 4 months, I've been a WEE bit anxious. 

Also- I have an appointment with my primary doctor on Wednesday.  It's been 4 months now since The Pulmonary Embolism, and we'll be discussing how much longer I need to continue with the Coumadin.  The recommended time frame is 3-6 months.  So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!  

Today's Title from: Pride (In the name of Love) by U2