The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I see you baby, shaking that ass..

I just returned from the gym, where I did a half an hour of targeted-heart-rate elliptical. I don't sweat much (which is why I can do it on my lunch breaks), but it gives me an opportunity to watch old episodes of America's Next Top Model in the middle of the day, plus when I get off, I look at the calories burned (which I'm sure is overstated) and feel a great sense of accomplishment knowing that 85% of those calories were fat calories, all because I kept my heart rate right around 130.

Yes, sometimes I wish I could escape from my brain.

And now, after wolfing down a 6-inch turkey sub on wheat from Subway, I'm still hungry. So I ate a pear. And I'm still hungry. My stomach is actually growling. What is this about? I want to bend over, give my stomach the death glare, and tell it to stop whining already.

Sheesh.

Meanwhile there is a large box of candy bars on my desk that my sister sent to me (I did request it. They are candy bars that I can't get out here and I wanted to share them with my co-workers).

They taunt me. With their coconuty goodness.

Mmmmm.

Non-sequitor: I went to a hip-hop dance class last night at my gym (in Harlem), and I may have been the uncoordinated white girl that needed a lot of extra special attention from the instructor but damn, if I didn't have a fabulous time shaking my booty....

Today's Title from: I See You Baby by Groove Armada (the Fatboy Slim remix)