The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

To the middle of my frustrated fears

If left to my own devices, I will totally wimp out when it comes to strength training. Cardio- I can push myself on forever. Weights- I'll give up after 10 reps. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I get bored. Maybe it's because I feel like I look stupid.

I am starting a training program for a 10K- to be run on June 9th. 3 months should give me more than enough time, although, after the cramping that began at 1.75 miles yesterday, I may have to rethink that.

Anyway, part of the training involves strength training- obviously NOT my forte. And I decided- classes will have to be my saving grace.

So, yesterday, I made a schedule of all the strength training classes at the gym right next to my office and near my apartment. Abs. Total Body Conditioning. Core Conditioning. Strength training. Pilates (oh how I love Pilates).

Some are only 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and can be done on my lunch break. Is it weird that I'm super excited to start?

This may be my most ambitious training I've ever embarked on. But I've also got about 4 people that want to run the 10K with me, so I have to finish. And I've got to tell you, there are few times on earth when I feel better about myself then when I have finished running.

Kittens and running.

My cure-all.

Today's Title from: Just Like a Pill by Pink