The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On my own... here we go

We're having an ice storm here in New York City today. It's miserable as fuck.

I met up with Spatch for drinks again last night. The first time was not a fluke, as it turns out! She really is great and wonderful and all the nice things that I could possibly say about another person. She touched again on a subject that came up the first time we met, how surprised she was to find out how attractive I am (her words, not mine). Apparently, I give off the impression that I might not be so attractive, and apparently this is a misrepresentation. After acknowledging that I could probably consider myself cute, maybe girl-next-door cute, she admitted to having described me as 'Midwest Cute'. Which caused me to laugh uproariously at the aptness of the description, even if I am more from The West, than The Midwest.

I found it interesting to discover that the situation is the same in reverse. I already had a good solid idea of her appearance before I met her, as she posts pictures, but upon meeting her discovered that her attractiveness is even more heightened by her effervescent personality. After only 2 evenings, I can already see what a wonderful and giving individual she is, incredibly beautiful on the inside and out.

And she doesn't see it either.

Why are we all so blind to our own beauty?

I've been mentally coming up with rules for Operation Hiatus. Actually, most of these rules should be applied to my life completely and not just for a limited time.

1. I must volunteer for New York Cares at least once a month. Currently I am signed up to walk dogs for an animal shelter next weekend.

2. I must go to the gym at least once a week.

3. I will read more. Books of substance. Something worthwhile. Last night I picked up Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and I am a third of the way through and am completely in love with it.

4. I must try a new restaurant at least once a month.

5. I will get our apartment painted. This will require the help of someone much taller than me, but it will get done.

6. I will cook more. I will try a new recipe once a week.

7. I will not wallow. No wallowing allowed!!!!

Today's Title from: Brain Stew by Green Day

Labels: