The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You got to lose to know how to win

Thanks for all your helpful advice on the Marc situation yesterday, peeps. Greatly appreciated. Yes, that is sarcasm.

It doesn't matter anyway. Today I'm starting The New Phase of My Life.

Hiatus: A gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break

Operation Hiatus.

I'm taking 3 months. Three months of NO dating, NO nookie, NO flirty text messaging. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE gets the boot.

I won't get into the details, mainly because another rule is that I'm not allowed to even talk about Scott or Cam anymore, but yesterday was eye-opening and hurtful. Seriously hurtful. Someone I love implied that I'm a whore. Marc was nothing but a disappointment, again. And Scott reached a new low, even for him.

My self-esteem is shot. Big time.

I'm in NO position to attempt even the most casual of relationships. So I must remove the possibilities from the equation, until I can find some self-worth again.

All close friends have been given permission to police me. To yell at me when necessary. To protect me from my own terrible decision making. To stop me from making the same ridiculous mistakes again.

Today's Title from: Dream On by Aerosmith