The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

You can't avoid her, She's in the air

Last night was potentially one of my best Valentine's Days- ever. Truth to be told, it was an interesting day altogether.

The reason it was so great, was because I made dinner for my roommates and we spent the evening together- happy just to be with each other.

Dinner consisted of:
Parmesan crusted chicken- with lemon mustard sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Green Beans

And the grand finale- Molten Chocolate Cakes.

I am officially a GODDESS in the kitchen.

I hadn't expected to hear from any of the miscreants who call themselves men in my life at all yesterday. I figured if there's any day of the year when men avoid women they aren't interested in committing to and treating with respect, that Valentine's Day would be that day. Not so, in my unfortunate case.

I got an email from Cam. Telling me that he had called me the night before, wanting to say hi, and that he missed me. I never saw the missed call (I was in the subway for an extended length of time though, after drinks with Spatch) and the fucker didn't leave a message. So, whatever. If that's his idea of fighting for me, then it's probably best that this relationship is over.

I got a comment on my myspace page from Scott- just telling me Happy Valentine's Day. Way to put your back into it, champ!

Then, I got a text from Marc- around 4ish. It read 'Happy Valentine's Day'. I figured it was a mass text to a bunch of women in his phone book and didn't respond. At 8ish, I got another one, it said the same thing. As if to say, 'Hello?! I'm wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day! Respond, bitch!'

Here's the rundown of text-messaging that followed:
Marc: Happy Valentine's Day!
Me: Did you mean to send that to me twice.
Marc: Some people need more love than others.
Me: What are you up to? I'm making a huge dinner for me the girls, you're welcome to come over if you want.
Marc: Awwww. Thanks for the invite. But I just came home from the gym. I'm in for the night.
Me: You're missing out. Dessert is chocolate molten cakes.
Marc: Sounds good.

Pause in texting while we eat our insanely delicious dinner.

Me: Karen and my taste buds just had an orgasm.
Marc: I should have been there to have a taste bud orgy!
Me: You were invited.... We're going to start shedding clothes here soon....
Marc: Yeah right. Come shed over here. We have the whole house to run rampant. Everybody is gone!!!
Me: Please. You're all talk.
Marc: If you say so... My sex buds are hungry.
Me: You could have gotten fed over here.... My mouth is just as good as my hands.
Marc: LOL. Chicken.
Me: Don't push me. You won't know what to do when I call your bluff.
Marc: Yeah, yeah.
Me: If you really want me to come over, all you have to do is ask. (I only said this because I knew there was absolutely no follow-through in him).

Pause.

Me: That's what I thought. You can't ever call me a tease again.....

End text messaging.

Is it just me, or is he a TOTAL pussy.

Today's Title from: Only in Dreams by Weezer

Labels: , , ,