The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, March 05, 2007

And if you try sometime you find, You get what you need

I'm not even going to talk about how absolutely infuriating it is to have had a 60 degree Saturday, then to have the high today be 20. And with windchill- 3 fucking degrees. I don't know that I have ever, in my whole life, been more ready for the end of winter. And I have lived in Russia, so that's saying something.

I had a great weekend. Again. A really great weekend.

Friday night I met up with Spatch, where we had the most delicious martini's ever invented with a cheese plate. It was a fabulous couple of hours, sitting and talking with her. The rest of the night did not go QUITE as planned (we waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for a table before we finally gave up and went someplace else). Spatch proved herself wonderful over and over again as more and more wrenches were thrown into our plans, and she handled them all with aplomb, while I behaved like a sulky, disobedient child. I'm easily frustrated when I really want things to well. Luckily, Karen and Spatch developed quite a liking for each despite everything, and hopefully we will all have many more, less frustrating get-togethers.

The rest of the weekend passed in a veritable blur. I feel like I spent all weekend attempting to better myself. I went to the gym. And did over an hour of cardio despite every muscle in my body screaming at me to stop. I made banana-walnut-coconut muffins for my roommates. I went shopping and bought a shit-load of really healthy food. I started a new book, a heavy one, about faith. I spent some quality time with Email Boy.

I started liking myself again.

And I dreamed about Marc. A lot.

Today's Title from: You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones