The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, March 12, 2007

I've found a way to make you smile

"I'm so happy right now."

I said those words a lot this weekend.

I said it on Friday night, as Karen, Shannon and I headed home after watching The 300 together.

I said it on Saturday morning after I had a fantastic 3 mile run. Then again, on Saturday afternoon as Karen and I laughed so hard we cried in a Sak's dressing room trying on Spanx with 2 salespeople outside the door shouting encouragement to me. The again on Saturday evening, as we walked out of a restaurant having just finished one of the most delicious meals we've had in a long time, coupled with 3 lovely glasses of wine that had gotten me sufficiently tipsy.

I said it again yesterday after my desperately needed manicure/pedicure. Then again as Karen and I stumbled home around 12 am, having just returned from one of the coolest parties I have ever been to.

I have connections. That I can't reveal, but they are good connections.

R.E.M. is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today. Last night was at a party at Del Posto- a Mario Batali restaurant- for them. Which I was invited to.

Last night, Karen and I mingled in a large room of people that included:

All members of R.E.M. (obviously, and oh, how I love Michael Stipe)
The Beastie Boys
Patti Smith
Ed Burns
Christy Turlington (easily the most beautiful woman I have ever seen)
Sammy Hagar
Mario Batali (who was NOT a nice person)

and other people who I can't remember/didn't recognize.

And tonight, we've been invited to the party AFTER the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Needless to say, I took tomorrow off.

I'm so happy right now.

Today's Title from: At My Most Beautiful by R.E.M.