The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Pride can stand a thousand trials

You would think, that since I have been looking forward to this day for the last year (approximately), that I would have planned ahead with the ticket-buying to the opening day of Borat. Unfortunately, I thought that 11:00 a.m. on the day of would be sufficiently early enough to purchase tickets.

But here I sit, ticketless and despaired and every single showing on the island of Manhattan between 7:00 and 11:00 p.m. SOLD OUT.

How I curse thee, Fandango!!!!

I went on a first date on Wednesday night with a guy that I met during The Going-Out Craze that was last weekend (not Mr. Smooth-Talker). We'll call him Wade. Wade is probably one of the nicest guys that I've met in a very long time. He has a good job. He has a normal family life. He doesn't live with his parents. He treated me like a friggin queen. He could not have said more nice things to/about me. We met at 6:30 and talked until 11:30. He actually needed to go back to the office to finish some work, and because he stayed with me so long, he ended up being at the office all night after we parted ways. We talked about everything and nothing. And found that we have a whole freaking lot in common. Even about the important stuff, like spiritual and religious beliefs.

I could go on and on about how great this guy was. But I'll spare you.

The kicker is that- at the end of the night, he went to kiss me, and I kid you not- was a TERRIBLE kisser. Maybe the worst ever. I don't really know what to do about this situation. Kissing is a pretty big deal to me and I don't know if I could be together with someone long term who's kisses do absolutely nothing for me. I figure I'll give it a little bit longer, maybe a few more dates and make a decision after I know more.

But still! What a disappointment!