The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Instead of making me better, you keep making me ill

I'm sick. Sinus infection. Sore throat. Hacking cough. It could be that it's going around. Or it could be that I didn't go to bed before 4 am for 4 straight nights. Who's to say?

Needless to say, Abby (former roommate, current very, very good friend) and I have been having a VERY good time together.

She arrived at the perfect time, only a few short hours after I ended everything with the man who has made me feel the most complete I have ever felt. I needed to go out that night. I needed to feel numb. I couldn't stand to focus on what I had just obliterated.

3 cranberry vodkas and 3 shots of SoCo and Lime certainly did the trick. And when a handsome man came and sat next to me, telling me that I was the most beautiful girl in the room, I let myself believe that he really meant it. We stayed very late. We danced. We drank. I kissed Mr. Smooth-Talker and discovered that Scott is not the only man who can kiss really well. I was not stupid though, and left with Abby. Mr. Smooth-Talker asked for my number, but if experience has taught me anything, its that men in bars cannot be trusted.

So, it was a bit of a surprise to find Abby and I meeting up with Mr. Smooth-Talker and his friend on Friday night, and having a really, really good time. We played pool, they paid for all the beer and Mr. Smooth-Talker didn't pressure me too much to go home with him. He said all the right things, I suppose. But there were enough little red flags for me to know that this one isn't Long-Term-Relationship Material (ie- he wears more jewelry than me). Fine by me. I'm not exactly emotionally stable right now anyway.

Saturday night, Abby and I went to a party at a loft in SoHo complete with the most scantily clad women I have ever seen and enormous amounts of drugs. I just stayed in a corner with Abby most of the evening dancing with some people that we had met and trying to stay out of the path of the girls hopped up on coke. Never have I been more glad that I will never be that kind of girl.

In the cab, on the way home from the party, I left Email Boy a drunken, rambling message- as is my custom and something that I know he greatly enjoys. As I walked in the front door I received a text message:

Yo. Longest msg ever. Hilarious... miss u.

From: Email Boy

How cute is he?

Yesterday was dedicated to nothing more than recovering from the previous 4 days. Abby and I did nothing but sit around and watch TV and it's never felt better.

Abby leaves tomorrow, and I don't know what I'll do without her. Her presence has kept me in a busy enough state that I haven't had the time or energy to think about Scott and the fact that I haven't heard from him since I ended us. I didn't really expect to, I mean, I dropped the L-Bomb for crying out loud. If that didn't scare him to death, then I've completely misjudged him. Hopefully this time I've scared him enough that he'll stay away forever.