The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, October 23, 2006

I've been 'fraid of changing...

Here's how totally fucking awesome it is to be me, are you ready?

So, last week I was in San Francisco at a conference. I went to a lot of parties and out to eat A LOT. Parties where there tables upon tables loaded with desserts and chinese food and mexican food and lots of yummy and delicious things to eat. What did I eat off these tables? Virtually nothing. What did I order at restaurants? Wacked out things like poached tuna and some sort of leek soup. I tried my hardest to keep meals at a lean protein and vegetables. When I could have had anything for breakfast (and expensed it!), I just stocked up on yogurts and bananas and ate those every day. The one time we did go out for breakfast, I had a vegetable omelette and asked the server to replace the home fries (oh, potatoes, how I love thee!) with fresh fruit. Upon returning home, I went back to the provided foods and working out with a vengeance.

I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and.... GAINED TWO POUNDS. I've never wanted to punch my fist into a wall more.

All in all, I'm getting really tired of this diet program. The people in charge keep adding more elements to it, to the point that it feels like it has taken over my life. I never, ever have free time anymore and it takes every ounce of willpower that I possess to stay out of Wendy's and McDonald's. Not to mention, every single meal on this program incorporates red fucking peppers into it. I HATE red peppers. I spend more time picking the red peppers out of my meal than I do eating my meal. And since I'm getting sick of the meals, I don't often finish them, and I figure that I'm probably topping out at around 800-1000 calories a day, which is not enough. Which means that my body is probably in starvation mode, which means that my metabolism is slowing down, which means that I'm not losing as much weight.

And apparently, once the program is over and I go back to eating like a normal person, even if I'm careful, I'm going to put all the weight back on, because that's how awesome my genetics are.