The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

These boots are made for walking

I was going to post a picture of the boots that I bought this weekend, but Blogger is struggling with image uploads. I have become such a shoe whore! Pointy toe. 3" heel. Damn, I'm going to be sexy in these.

I wore the new red patent leather shoes on a date with Dave on Sunday night. It apparently made enough of an impact on him to tell me that he wants us to date exclusively. That's right. Exclusively. Wha? Who talks about exclusivity on the 4th date? And he wanted to make plans for us to go to Miami in January/February. And when I told him that my ultimate dream (as in, never really going to happen) would be to own my own record company, he suggested that we start it together.

Is anyone else creeped out?

I don't really know what to do. He's perfect, on paper. He's gorgeous. He's successful. He treats me really well. He pursues me aggressively. He has an amazing body. However, he's a little territorial and I don't know that he really 'gets' me (although, really, does anyone?).

And there's a zing missing.

I think I'm going to have to end things with him. I'm not ready to be exclusive with him. I don't want to give up Scott (who also wanted to get together last weekend, but I had to tell him no, as I was too tired and sore from all the working out that I've been doing).

Day 5 of the New Me. I had a major breakdown on Sunday night. The sugar withdrawl has been tough, as I used to eat a lot of it and now I am eating none. So when my roommate pulled out some Mike 'n Ikes on Sunday night as I was preparing my vegetables and pork dinner, I lost it. I don't know that I've ever wanted a Mike 'n Ike more. I resisted. But I still cried. A lot. It was a ridiculous scenario, I'll admit. But it's getting better.

I'm still hungry, all the time, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. And the more I say 'no' to things, it gets easier and easier.