The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Movin On

So, did everybody notice the profile picture? That's really me!

So, I have officially deleted everything Marc related out of my phone. Including a few texts that I was holding onto because I'm sentimental like that (key part of that word- being MENTAL). Here's the rundown of the text messaging that drove me to the point of no return:

Me: Happy Birthday! (on his actual birthday, just bein' friendly!)
Marc: Thanks homie (I swear I am NOT making this up)
Me: Homie? You do realize that I'm white, I'm from an insignificant-only-2-electoral-votes state on the west coast (I actually named the state), and I'm a female?
Marc: Yes, but you say 'yo' so much what do you expect? (This is actually true, I do overuse the word 'yo', but no one else have ever commented on it before and most people generally see fit to tell me when something about me bothers them)
Me: So, I'm just one of the guys now?
Marc: You're cool

Now, I recognize that this exchange isn't grotesquely horrific, but it says something in bright, bold letters to me- HE IS PLAYING ME. Hot and cold has been his game from day one and I'm really fucking sick of it. I spent so much time and money on this man's birthday and then in not so many words, he relegates ME to arms-length-I-only-want-nail-you status.

Well, FUCK HIM (well, not literally, that would defeat the purpose of deleting his number and text messages!)

I don't need his manipulative ass anyway. Here's why:

A. Mr. I'm-Phenomenal-in-the-Sack Scott
B. Mr. I-Treat-You-Great-Buy-You-Flowers-and-Call-You-From-Europe Dave

Not that I really need any of them, I'm working really hard these days on being perfectly content in my solitude and boyfriends are really nothing but trouble anyway. Always having to make plans together and feel bad about flirting with other guys. Who needs that bullshit?

As my parting comment for the day, I'd like to share with all of you the joy that I have experienced over the last day as I have listened to this voicemail approximately 586 times. Here it is, in text format, the voicemail left for me last night by Dave, who is currently in Europe:

"Hey you, what's up. It's me giving you a buzz from Europe. Hope you're doing well, just wanted to say what's up. Got your message from last night, so thank you very much and I guess we'll talk soon. It's kind of late here and I need to prepare for tomorrow. So, hugs and kisses, baby. Talk to you later. "

Everybody say it with me- Awwwwwww.

Labels: