The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Leave the Gun, Take the Canoli

I have a new obsession. Its with The Godfather. I decided that, as a movie buff, it was a crime against humanity that I had never seen any of The Godfather movies. So, I put the first one in my queue in my Blockbuster online account. And I found that it has become such a prevalent presence among cinema, that I felt like I had already seen the entire movie. As soon as the first one was over, I wanted to watch the other 2 immediately. Unfortunately, I had to send back the first one before I could get Part II. My roommate and I waited eagerly and did the Dance of Excitement when the 2 discs finally arrived. I opened them hurriedly, only to discover that in the Disc 1 of 2 envelope, the movie- Sahara, which although starring one decidedly delicious Matthew McConaughey, is hardly a worthy replacement for any part of The Godfather trilogy.

Much to my further dismay, Blockbuster Online Customer Support is not so easy to navigate and after submitting a request (no phone number given anywhere on the website) and specifically stating that I wanted the correct DVD sent to me and NOT the next one in my queue (Godfather III, which I OBVIOUSLY do not want to watch before Part II). I even sent an additional email to them confirming that my request had been submitted properly. I received an email in return confirming my request.

Imagine my surprise, when, a few days later, I came home to find Godfather III in my mailbox. Having been provided with a customer service phone number in an email from Blockbuster, I called to state my displeasure at having received Part III, when I had not yet been able to watch Part II. They told me to hold on to Part III and they would create a request to have Part II shipped to me as soon as it became available.

Two days later, I received the NEXT movie in my queue (interestingly enough, The Sopranos, yes there is a pattern here), but still no Godfather II.

Since I have in-store rental coupons, I called all the Blockbusters in a 5 mile radius of my apartment only to find that The Godfather II was checked out- EVERYWHERE.

So, last night, I stopped at Tower Records on my way home and just BOUGHT the fucking movie.

Totally worth it.

Good thing I already have Part III waiting for me.