The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Park Place

Sometimes I feel like my life is a little bit like a game of monopoly and that one of these days, my turn will be over and it will be time for me to go home. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

And then I get called into my VP's office and he explains that they are restructuring and I will be getting more responsibility and he thinks I'm doing a really great job.

And for a few minutes, the reality of my life comes into focus. I understand this is a job that I am accountable for. That I'm good at. That I love.

Next Subject:

Little Miss Sunshine. GO SEE IT. It's hilariously funny and poignant. At one point, I was laughing so hard I was crying, clutching at my sides in the fetal position. No exaggeration. I can't express enough how much I loved this movie.

The Descent- Scared the holy moses out of me. If you're claustrophobic and easily scared, avoid this movie like the plague.

Next Subject:

Dave called me on Friday. He was leaving the office and thinking about how it was last week at that exact time that he met me. Did I want to go out on Sunday?

If you insist.

We saw a movie last night and things with us were better than I remembered. There's a connection there that I can't explain. And it's getting stronger as we're getting more comfortable with each other.

As we walked around mid-town after the movie, he bought me flowers. Picking out the ones that I told him would last the longest.

I went home with him I stayed all night. We didn't sleep much.

He called me at 10 this morning to make sure I had gotten to work okay and that I was awake enough to function.

Does this mean I have to give up Scott?