The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm the Victim of Obsession

There is a very weird phenomenon that is going on in my life. Men who are supposed to be LONG GONE keep coming back. I feel like I'm living in Bizarro-World.

Case in point: I was walking home from the subway last night and I passed Jay, my next door neighbor who I was fucking last winter, who said, 'hey' to me as I walked past. Our... interesting relationship went up in a veritable ball of flames right around my birthday and he's done a very good job of avoiding me ever since. I've run into him a couple of times, and once we even talked a little. I'd be lying if said I didn't enjoy his company. He's freakishly charismatic and if I remember correctly, pretty damn good in the sack. I didn't stop to talk as I walked past, I was tired and I just wanted to get home, so that I could then go do laundry. I LOATHE doing laundry, so it always puts me into a bit of a snit when I know its looming before me.

As I left my building to head to the laundromat, Jay was walking up the street. As he neared me he said, "I was just heading over to your place, but it looks like you're going to do laundry. Want me to help you with that?"

He grabs a bag and walks with me to the laundromat. He talks to me as I do my laundry and we're laughing a lot and having a good time together. He teases me about how all the guys on the street talk about me all the time. It's all very harmless and good natured.

Here is our parting conversation.

Jay: So, I got some stuff I gotta take care of, but.... can I come over later?
Me (once I stop laughing): No
Jay: Why not, I just want to hang out with you!
Me: Because we've played this game before and I ended up getting fucked over.
Jay: Well, maybe this is a new game.
Me: You still can't come over. See ya!

I tell Karen and she is flabbergasted. She met Jay once and has declared him to be the best looking of all the men that I have had the bad taste to fall for. I confess to being completely flabbergasted myself. I thought we were done, me and Jay. Well, in my mind, we are. And that's all the matters.

Do all of these men keep coming back (Marc, Mr. Wrong, Jay) because I am unforgettable and irresistable or am I just an easy target?

Labels: