The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You Can Say That Again

In the words of Annie- Yesterday was plain awful. On my lunch break I made a dash to Duane Reade for emergency purchases of aspirin (crying gives me headaches) and chocolate. I managed to compose myself by the end of the day and even managed to hear about my roommate's fabulous date without even a twinge of jealousy. She deserves absolute happiness and I don't begrudge her a moment of it.

Still no word from Marc.

But Karen ran into him on the way home from the subway (cause they live right next door to each other). They were just chatting (she wasn't going to bring anything up) and he said to her, "So, your girl, Chloe, really hurt my feelings."

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?

A little explanation- I posted what his initial text message to me said, which I will post again to refresh your memory-
Marc: Um.... hello? Are you there? Where have you been? I guess you don't like me anymore.

What I didn't post was my response,
Me: Whatever, you're the one not talking to me.... Let me guess, you want some cookies?

Apparently, Marc was a little offended by this. And made it very clear to Karen. A little sampling of what he said from Karen, taken from a 30 minute conversation all about moi (imagine being said in a bit of a rant)-

"Karen, I can't believe she thinks that I just want her for cookies! I haven't seen her in months. MONTHS. I just wanted to say hi, and she thinks I'm just looking for COOKIES! Doesn't she know me better than that?"

I have to confess, I laughed a little when I heard this. I mean, seriously, could he be any more sensitive? But the impression that I got is that his feelings were genuinely hurt by my response, which prompted the text messages from him, accusing me of being cold-hearted, mean, rude and heartless. Which then, dominoed into hurting my feelings and then, the email.

Ah, the JOYS of miscommunication.

So, what do to now? According to Karen, he was stumped as to how to proceed from here. (Uh, hello? It's called a phone. Use it!) He asked her what she thought he should do, but she wanted him to figure it out on his own (yay for Karen!) and just kind of played it ignorant.

He thinks I'm pretty upset with him (keen observation, Marc) and could be a little afraid to contact me.

Quite frankly, I almost don't care anymore. I'm SO done with this situation. I'm tired of his fucking games. I'm all cried out over him. If he doesn't want to contact me, fine, then we can just leave things as they are and he can just FUCK off.

And, now I've got closure!

No regrets.

Labels: