The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Drama-Rama

The plot thickens!!!

Texting with Marc this morning. I get a text message from him telling me that he thinks that I'm cold-blooded and mean. We go back and forth a little bit and I'm getting a clear picture of what he's thinking of me. It's not pretty. And I have no idea where it's coming from.

And so, with absolutely nothing left to lose, I send him this email:

Marc-

I think maybe we need to clear something up. Cold-blooded and mean? That's what you think of me? Do you remember when we were first friends and we sometimes sat on the stoop and talked for hours? Did you know that during that time, I liked you? And I mean, REALLY liked you? I kept hoping and hoping that the flirting would develop into something more.

And eventually it did, but not in the form that I had planned on. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate.

Totally understandably, things got awkward. I ended up hurt. I didn't ever hear from you anymore and I tried communication a few times and didn't get anything back. I figured the spark that I had thought was there was one-sided and moved on.

Then after 3 months of silence, you pop up out of nowhere and you're mad at me? You think I'm rude? Marc, it's called protecting myself. I'm confused about where we stand and I don't want to end up hurting again.

I'm not trying to be all dramatic and soap opera-y. I just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from. I have no problem being friends with you, I would love to be friends with you. I think you're a really, really great guy. But please make it clear what it is you want from me, so I can react accordingly.

Sincerely-
Chloe

I step away from my desk because I'm so horrified at what I have just done. I get back to my desk and there is a missed call on my cell phone. It's a Manhattan number that I don't recognize. I do the Reverse Phone Number Lookup.

It's from his place of employment. He called me almost immediately after having read my email.

He didn't leave a message.

My hands are SHAKING.

How do I make him call me back?

Labels: