The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sore

So, I did my first ever spin class last night. It was possibly one of the most difficult hours of my life. But as the class was ending, and I was allowing myself to bask in the amazement of actually finishing the class, we were cooling down and the instructor played 'This Year's Love' by David Gray and the sweat was pouring off me, exhausted but exhilarated, and I felt.... complete. Is that ridiculous? I looked at Karen, sweating through her clothes next to me, and we smiled at each other. The smile of two friends who've been through a lot together and know exactly what the other person is thinking right at that moment. It was a life moment, for me anyway, all because of David Gray and spin class.

After class we went to the noodle shop across the street and we were discussing friendship etc, and she said, "In the words of Dan, Chloe is easy to love."

"WHAT?!?" was my reply, "when did he say that?"

Dan is a friend of mine that I used to work with in my old department. We spent a LOT of time together at the company Christmas party, he got totally bombed and planted a big wet kiss on me at the end of the night. I chalked it up to the alcohol and have teased him mercilessly about it since. He came to my bowling birthday fiesta, made me burnt cookies, and gave me another slobbery one just for tradition's sake at the end of the night. We're friends. He's hysterical and I enjoy his company, but I haven't ever thought about him THAT way. Mostly cause he's white and slighty dorky, but absolutely adorable.

It turns out that he said some interesting things about me to Karen at my birthday extravaganza.

Interesting things that he said-
1. Chloe is easy to love.
2. Know what I love best about Chloe? She's so much fun, drunk or sober.

Can I get an awwwww?

That's adorable. I may have start making my way towards his desk more often.... I'm intrigued by the situation. Mostly, cause he kinda reminds me of my ex-boyfriend, but without the issues.