The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Day of Food

Here's a rundown of everything I ate yesterday-

Breakfast (the usual)-
fat-free plain yogurt
granola
blueberries
raspberries
a smidge of honey
orange

Lunch-
Baby spinach with apples, walnuts, feta cheese, chickpeas, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Carrots

Snack-
Dried apricots (not too many, those babies are high in fiber)

Obscene amounts of water

And to top it all off, after a grueling 2 hour workout-
A bowl of Cocoa Puffs!!

I used to hate those girls that spent their whole life at the gym. I always felt like they didn't have any substance and that their priorities were all out of whack. Isn't there more to life than toiling away on those devil-made cardio machines? Since I've become a bit of a gym-rat myself, I understand it better. The endorphin high is addictive. And every time I work out- I am reminded of how much further I need to go to get to where I want to be, which means no rest for the weary.