The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

And The Winner Is...

I like to consider myself to be a person of a certain degree of depth. I have a strong religious background, have spent some quality time pondering the meaning of life, volunteer on a regular basis and have a genuine love of humankind. But I will admit to a strong and abiding obsession with pop culture. And as such, there are things that I never miss- The Golden Globes and The Oscars. I watch the arrivals, and the post-event wrap ups. I can spend hours musing on what a train wreck I think Mariah Carey is and how much I love Joaquin Phoenix. Remember when I put him on My List, long before the whole hoopla of Walk the Line? I am not some bandwagon fan where he is concerned, I'm the real deal.

I didn't end up seeing my ex-boyfriend this weekend. He was out of town. Probably for the best. It probably would have stirred up emotions in me that I don't want to feel anymore.

Abby, my roommate, asked me if I would date him again if given the opportunity.

I didn't even have to think about it- the answer is an absolute no.

Why? Because I know him well enough to know that even if I did have sex with him (we broke up because I wasn't ready and he wasn't willing to wait) it still wouldn't work out. And getting over him the first time was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Getting over him the second time would kill me.

And let's face it- the world is a better place with me in it!

Labels: