The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

What a Girl Wants

Having become keenly and intimately acquainted this year with all of the things that I don't want in a man- it's time to take stock and figure out what I do want.

Here Goes.

1. Someone who is sincere. He means what he says and he never says things just because he thinks that what I want to hear. I don't want sugar coating. I don't want lies. I want honesty and sincerity.

2. Someone who can laugh with me. He thinks I'm funny, and he makes me laugh equally if not more.

3. Someone who spends time getting to know me before trying to have sex with me. He understands that there is so much more to me than just physical.

4. Someone who understands that teasing is my way of showing affection and doesn't get all huffy and sensitive with everything that I say.

5. Someone who fights back. If I can walk all over someone, I will. I want a man who's not afraid to call me on something or have a difference of opinion and express it. If a man is even remotely afraid of me- I don't want him.

6. Someone who understands that I might be independent and career-oriented, but sometimes I want to come home, have him put his arms around me and make everything okay just by being there. I want someone who I can depend on to be there for me when I need him.

7. Someone who can love me as much as I can love him.

Am I being unreasonable? Does this even exist?