The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A New Day, A New Dilemma

Damn you all.

You're all right. Karen is. Randy is.

I fucking hate tough love. In the absence of any even remotely deserving men, it looks like it's going to be a year of celibacy for me. Awesome!

So, I did a phone exorcism last night. Deleted all the numbers of men who are unhealthy for me in any way. Jay went first. That one was tough- he was in my Missed Calls, Received Calls, and Dialed Calls.... There were about 5 more guys that got the boot. Marc stayed. We're friends if nothing else.

I had myself a little cry then went to sleep.

New dilemma today. It's my birthday this weekend. Birthdays are a big deal to me. I'm having a SMALL party, and only inviting very specific people that I know I'll have a good time with and we're going bowling, which is one of my most favorite things to do.

There are a couple of people that keep asking me about my birthday- what I'm doing, etc. They're not invited. One of them is not invited because she drives me crazy and all she's capable of talking about is her ex-boyfriend and how much she still loves him. I don't want to deal with it on my birthday. The other person is a good friend, but she's a total attention whore. It's the worse case I've ever seen. I never have a good time when I go out with her because it's always about her and what she wants and how many guys she can get to notice her. She completely ruined one of my nights this weekend and I just don't want to have to worry about it happening again. She ruined one of Karen's birthday nights and I don't want her at my birthday shindig. Somehow I have to keep them from coming without hurting their feelings.