The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Stress and a Strike

I am a huge stress case. I am leaving on Saturday for a week and a half, and trying to get all my work done accordingly. On top of this pressure- there is the impending MTA strike, which means no subways, no buses and me 100 blocks away from my office. I've been laying awake at night trying to figure out how I'm going to get to work and it ties my stomach into knots.

I love the subway. Love it. Even at 4 am, when I have to wait a long time for it. Sure we've had our fair share of disagreements during my years here, but in the end, it always come through for me. Everybody pray that it comes through for me again and that subways will be running as normal tomorrow morning.

Last night I babysat 5 month old triplets. I am not making this up. At one point in the evening, I stood in the kitchen, holding one sleeping baby to my chest with my left arm and making a bottle for another baby with my right arm, testing the temp of the contents on my wrist to make sure it wasn't too hot, and I thought, 'I could do this.' Obviously, not with triplets. But I could be a mother. I could. And I would be good at it. Babies and kids love me. I have the magic touch that puts babies to sleep. I am the 'cool aunt' that all my nieces and nephews adore.

Not yet. But hopefully soon. First I need to find a father, I'm thinking.