The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Visions of the Past

There is a very real chance that I will see my ex-boyfriend this weekend. L- one of my dearest friends, who introduced us, is coming back into town and there will be a big to-do for her. We will both be invited and I know that I will be there.

How do I feel about this? I don't know. We haven't seen each other in about a year and we haven't spoken in at least 7 months. And I don't know why we stopped speaking. We were doing pretty well with the 'friend' business. He just stopped returning emails. No explanation. No confrontation. Just casually removing himself from my life.

What will he think when he sees me? What will I think when I see him? Will he look at me and feel disdain? Or will he remember how great we had it? How, in the short time that we spent together, we shared moments that were more powerful than all the rest of my other relationships combined.

Will he remember telling me he loved me?

Labels: