The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Give Me One More Reason

I previously mentioned a guy that I went out with a few times, New-Guy-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, who henceforth shall be called- D. It wasn't really going anywhere and he wasn't making any effort to see me, so I was already in the process of writing him off when there was some miscommunication one fateful Saturday night. He took a joking text message that I sent a little too literally and got mad at me and never spoke to me again. Whatever. I wasn't terribly upset about it. He clearly didn't get my humor or me, really.

But I felt badly about how things had ended and I didn't like the idea of him thinking that I was a bitch. A few days ago I sent him a text message, apologizing for any miscommunication and that any offense was not intentional. I didn't hear back from him, so I just let the whole thing go.

Imagine my surprise when I got a text message last night-

D: What are you up to tonight?
Chloe: Actually, my dinner plans fell through and I'm free
D: Well, can I cum (sic) get you at 10 and we can finally have that fun that we always wanted to?
(alarm bells start ringing in my head)
Chloe: What kind of fun are you talking about? (just wanted to make things clear)
D: Sexual Fun

WTF?!?!?!?! I haven't seen this guy in a month and a half. I haven't spoken to him in at least 2 weeks. The last time I heard from him he BIT my head off. And he thinks we can pick up right where we left off? I DON'T THINK SO.

My response-
Chloe: Why don't you come get me at 10 and we can figure it out from there.

This was obviously NOT what he wanted to hear, since I never heard from him again. Apparently he was only looking for guaranteed action, which wasn't going to be coming from me.

The really shitty thing? I was seeing D while I was seeing Scott, and D was the one who was 'The Good Guy'. He had been very respectful of me and said some very sweet things to me regarding his feelings for me and what he wanted to be to me. I had looked to him as a shining beacon of hope for men.

The awesome thing is that had this whole debacle happened only a few short months ago, I would have said yes to his proposal, without hesitation, because I would have been so desperate for approval and validation. I guess that means I'm learning something from all this shit.

Now, he's just another guy for me to hate. Another reason to be even more leery and bitter.

Fantastic!!!