The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Paging James Bond

Houston, we have a problem.

This story gets complicated, try to keep up.

Sunday night, I baked some cookies. This is how we lure the neighbors to the stoop. We bake cookies, they come. It's a no fail system. So, the cookies are piping hot and delicious, so I ask Karen if I can text message Neighbor Boy, alerting him our baked goods. I text, using Karen's phone (cause I don't have his number). He responds almost immediately that he will be outside in 5 seconds. Which he is. I poke my head out the window, laugh at him and call him Pavlov's dog, and tell him I'll be down shortly.

Fast forward to later in the evening. It's just me, Karen and Neighbor Boy (I really need a better code name for him). The conversation gets muddled, but Karen makes it clear that I'm the one that sent the text message. We're not sure if he realizes that it's from Karen's phone, as they've never communicated before and he had never taken her number previously. We're nearly positive that he did not have her number stored in his phone.

Fast forward to this morning. Karen got a text message from Neighbor Boy last night that said, "Thanks again for the cookies, they tasted even better this morning."

Karen thinks, 'Does he know this is my phone number?'

So, here's where the dilemma comes in. Was that text meant for Karen or me? He knows that I am the one that text messaged him, but does he know that it wasn't from my phone? We're assuming that he simply hit reply to the initial text message, offering the delicacies.

Why would he text message Karen, thanking her for cookies that she didn't make, replying to a message that she didn't write? They are friends, and neighbors. And he's a courteous gent, obviously. So, anything is possible.

I don't know! I honestly don't!

I don't want to steal any of Karen's thunder, I mean, I love the girl like a sister, but I want it to be for me! Wow, that sounds really whiny. I need to work on that.

Thoughts, anyone?

Labels: