The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Major Milestone

I have a freaky weird memory. I remember a lot of insignificant things. Like what people wore when I first met them. I can recall complete conversations. And I remember dates- the days that significant events happened in my life. Next week will be the one year mark of breaking up with my ex, but I'm over him, so I don't care that much. But Saturday. Saturday, September 3rd is a big day. It marks my 2 year anniversary of living in New York City.

That first day was terrible. I was petrified. And tired. And hungry. Too tired to drag my ass out of my apartment to get some food, but too hungry to sleep. I called my sister and cried. She told me to call her back after I had gotten some sleep. I didn't have a job. I didn't know anyone and my bedroom was TINY. I thought that I had made a terrible, terrible mistake.

2 years later. I have a job. I have more friends than I can squeeze into my free time. I am learning to accessorize. I know the subway system better than anyone I know.

I did it. There were several people (my father included), who thought that I would fail miserably and be forced to come home with my tail between my legs.

Thank goodness for people who believed in me, cause there was definitely times when I didn't.