The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

THE Concert

I am having a moral dilemma. My favorite band in the whole world is U2. I have seen them in concert 4 times, and have tickets to see them again in October. That's right. U2 at Madison Square Garden. I have 2 tickets. I have held out on offering the second ticket to anyone, because I wanted to find someone worthy. I want to go with someone who can sing along to every song with me. U2 concerts are religious experiences for me, and it's important to me that I be with someone who feels similarly. Every other concert, I have been with my long-time best friend, that is no longer my best friend, after certain incidents in Ireland. She got it. Due to a lack of any true U2 fans in my life, I offered the ticket to my current best friend, even though she is not a fan at the level that I would prefer. I know I'll have a good time with her. We were just chatting and I mentioned how much I love the song- Running to Stand Still (Randy was listening to it). She said, "I don't know that song." She doesn't know one of the best songs off of what is arguably their best and most famous album. I don't know if I can take her. I understand when people don't know obscure songs off of say- Boy or War, but THE JOSHUA TREE? I'm horrified. I don't know what to do.