The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, April 02, 2007

With my lighnin’ bolts a glowin’, I can see where I am goin’ to be

I wish

1. That I wasn't sick anymore. I wish that I could walk 10 feet without getting winded and that I could sleep through the night without the aid of strong medications. I wish that I could just feel normal again.

2. That, even though it's probably, no definitely, for the best, that things hadn't ended so badly with Scott that we now hate each other.

3. That Marc would at least talk to me so I know that we're still friends. Surely sex doesn't have to ruin everything does it?

4. That I would stop having really vivid sex dreams, because it makes the fact that I'm not having sex that much more difficult to bear.

5. That my management company would fix the frigging elevator already because I live on the 6th floor and I'm getting tired of climbing the stairs.


Lessons I Wish I Hadn't Had to Learn in the Last Year

1. That beautiful and perfect moments with a person does not equal a beautiful person. It just means that person is good in the moments, even though he might inherently be an asshole.

2. That sex really and honestly can mean absolutely nothing.

3. That most men are not to be trusted. Some of them have absolutely no problem whatsoever telling you something, even though there is not an ounce of truth in it, just to get in your pants.

4. That I am naturally attracted to men who are not even remotely worthy of me.

Today's Title from: Wake Up by Arcade Fire