The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, March 30, 2007

You make me feel so fine

I am getting over being sick again. I seem to be constantly battling throat issues and can't ever seem to get enough sleep. I left work early yesterday, feeling the early signs of a fever and spent the rest of the evening curled up on my favorite couch. After napping on the couch for a few hours, I finally just went to bed around 10. And had a night of vivid, unsettling dreams.

Today I am better, well rested. But my throat still hurts and I just want to be curled up in my bed.

Going to bed means that I miss out on good nights though. Like Wednesday night. I met up with Spatch and her friend, Ana, at one of my favorite tapas places in the East Village. I had been nervous to meet Ana, as she is a Burner friend of Spatch's. I tend to be a little more conservative than what I understand most people in the Burning Man community to be.


I needn't have worried at all.


Apparently, talking about sex (or lack thereof) is the universal ice-breaker. Ana was great. I loved her openness and her constant use of the word 'douchebag'.


I didn't want the night to end. I wanted to spend forever drinking sangria and talking with Spatch and Ana about all the things that they can show me. I can't wait to see them again at Spatch's birthday dinner next week.
Today's Title from: Red, Red Wine by UB40

Labels: